Our Specialized Services
- Optomap imaging - which is different than “Retinal Photos” some practices offer-such as Costco, Vogue etc. Optomap captures a wide panoramic image of the retina allowing the doc to see more of the retina than is possible with a retinal camera.
- Myopia Management - We use specialized contacts and glasses to slow the progression of myopia (nearsightedness) in children. Being more myopic as an adult increases the risk of many eye diseases such as glaucoma as well as significantly increasing the risk of developing a retinal detachment resulting in vision loss.
- OCT scans - Optical Coherence Tomography-non invasive technology to produce detailed images of the retina, the inner layer of the eye.
- Visual Field Tests - We have a Humphries Visual Field Analyser: diagnostic test to measure the peripheral(or side )vision or each eye. It is commonly used to detect vision problems caused by diseases of the eye or brain, such as glaucoma, optic nerve damage and tumors.
- Contact Lens fitting - Our docs are experts in fitting Bifocal contacts when near vision deteriorates with age. They are a great for someone looking for freedom from glasses for sports, outdoor activities etc. We have access to the best contacts on the market to give optimal vision for near and far.
- Ambloypia Therapy - Condition where one eye does not develop properly-detected through a routine eye exam for children. Our docs have more advanced training in treating children with a “lazy” eye. Traditionally “patching” is used to force the poor seeing eye to work more effectively. Our office uses “Bangerter Foils” and “Shaw Lenses” (not available at optical stores) so that children don’t have to be forced to use only one eye.
- Dry eye treatments - We offer diagnosis and management of dry eyes with special products that have been extensively studied and been proven to help. Our newest addition is a product called BIHOCL Hypocholrous Acid, It has been proven to be effective in reducing inflammation and promoting healing in various parts of the body including the eyes.
- Eye Health vitamins - We carry MACUHEALTH-clinically proven to improve the pigment in the macula(area of most acute vision)-recommended for patients with family history of macular degeneration and generally a good supplement to take if you are over 50. Macular pigment tends to decrease in the eyes as we age resulting in more glare at night and difficulty adapting to low light levels. Again this vitamin has been very well studied and has lots of scientific evidence.
- Comprehensive Eye Exams
- Children's Eye Exams, starting at 6 months of age
- Laser Surgery Consultations and Referrals
- Motor Vehicle, Aviation Licensing and Occupational Exams
- Contact Lens Fittings, and Bifocal Contact Lens fits
- Frame selection, fitting & adjustments by licensed opticians and optometric assistants
- Nikon Lenses for both Single Vision and Progressive Lens fits
Specialized testing for people taking certain medications, many of which have ocular side effects (e.g. medication used to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Screening for glaucoma and cataracts
Cole Harbour Optometry offers Direct Billing for most insurance companies.
© 2023 - Cole Harbour Optometry